"After under-buying and over-buying, the most common mistake I see in buying a CMS is looking at the wrong list of vendors. The WCM marketplace is saturated and hard to navigate, in truthfulness. Many organizations fall victims to this complexity and chose from completely wrong tools."
Irina Guseva, Senior Analyst for the Real Story Group, "5 Minutes With Irina Guseva", CMS Wire, April 8, 2014.
"The irony of running a successful website is that as the site becomes more popular you're compelled and obligated to give the reader and the advertisers what they want. While always grateful for all that I have achieved and have been given, I have found that success also can box someone into a space that is often not big enough."
- Bryan Ruby, Breaking Out of the Box, BryanRuby.com, February 6, 2013.
"As a result, it’s been bizarre to see the constant stream of falsehoods and confusion about Google+, which I know to be untrue. One writer after another used to say Google+ was a “ghost town,” and in 100% of those cases the author was not circling people or engaging. They confused their own lack of activity with a general lack of activity on the network."
- Mike Elgan, What I Learned On The Way To 3 Million Google+ Circles, Cult of Android, Jan 19, 2014.
"Of course, the idea of making enterprise-grade software easier to use is a commendable one in the world of Web CMS. That said, I’ve never seen a successful CMS project where either IT or Marketing/Business were left out of the decision making process."
- Irina Guseva, Selecting a cloud CMS without your IT department - is that OK?, Real Story Group, December 18, 2018.
"Working for a large company no longer means job security, it just means you work for a large company."
Jacob Morgan, Chess Media Group, "Why Big Company Doesn't Mean Job Security", Forbes, November 14, 2013.
"There's no right way to do it, but there are wrong ways, trust me, I know, I've done them all. Doing it wrong can harm people and it can really hurt the community. What you all have built together is remarkable and it's worth considering how you extend it further and find ways to continue to collaborate, both as Drupal, and maybe even more importantly as a broader PHP community."
- Amy Stephen, Molajo Developer and Consultant, Comment to "Backdrop: Forking Drupal" by Laura Scott, Pingv.com, September 11, 2013
What I want from tech vendors: "I need them to listen, learn and be honest and realistic about their capabilities. Many technology vendors are still more interested in selling than in listening to what our real challenges are."
- Steve Mills, CIO, Rackspace, "CIO Profiles: Steve Mills Of Rackspace", InformationWeek, March 13, 2013
"The real problem we're up against is not technology, it's that management DNA in companies.... When you concentrate the responsibility for innovation at the top, you're holding your capacity to change hostage. It disempowers the little people."
- Gary Hamel, quoted by Lucas Mearian, "The next corporate revolution will be power to the peons", Computerworld, June 4, 2013.
"The last thing you want your IT department to be is a joke because you waited too long to make changes. The easiest thing in the world to do is to play it safe, but it's probably not the best strategy for your professional development or the bottom line of your organization. You have to push new technologies that are going to propel your company forward or you risk being the IT equivalent of a company that waited too long to move to the next generation of technology."
- Ron Miller, "What your IT department could learn from Sony's disruption", CITEworld, May 17, 2013.
"So much ink has been spilled deriding the false concept of a "Facebook friend," but I can tell you that a "Facebook friend" is better than nothing."
- Paul Miller, "I’m still here: back online after a year without the internet", The Verge, May 1, 2013.