"Success should be respected and admired but never envied. If you envy someone's success it can only be because you have no idea of everything that came before that moment."
- Jennifer Janesko, Owner, Artist & Designer, Janesko.com, November 10, 2014
"I've found that leaders who make choices to operate in a more participatory way--who operate on principles of high engagement, vs. bureaucracies that treat people as if they were cogs in a machine--see a 30 percent improvement in performance."
- Bill Pasmore, Center for Creative Leadership, Quoted by Rob Reuteman, Value Lessons: How Much Money Is a Good Leader Really Worth?, Entrepreneur, March 28, 2014.
"Just like Automattic's proprietary bretheren at Facebook, Google, Box, eBay and a hundred other major players in the tech arena, WordPress is now ponying up like the rest of them to retain and attract the best talent available, on a world stage. Community will still play a pivotal role, but it's clear now that full-time dedicated staff is what open source leaders are betting on in order to win this race."
- John Coonen, "WordPress Fuels Up For The Race With $160 Million", CMSConnection.com, May 12, 2014
"After under-buying and over-buying, the most common mistake I see in buying a CMS is looking at the wrong list of vendors. The WCM marketplace is saturated and hard to navigate, in truthfulness. Many organizations fall victims to this complexity and chose from completely wrong tools."
Irina Guseva, Senior Analyst for the Real Story Group, "5 Minutes With Irina Guseva", CMS Wire, April 8, 2014.
"The irony of running a successful website is that as the site becomes more popular you're compelled and obligated to give the reader and the advertisers what they want. While always grateful for all that I have achieved and have been given, I have found that success also can box someone into a space that is often not big enough."
- Bryan Ruby, Breaking Out of the Box, BryanRuby.com, February 6, 2013.
"As a result, it’s been bizarre to see the constant stream of falsehoods and confusion about Google+, which I know to be untrue. One writer after another used to say Google+ was a “ghost town,” and in 100% of those cases the author was not circling people or engaging. They confused their own lack of activity with a general lack of activity on the network."
- Mike Elgan, What I Learned On The Way To 3 Million Google+ Circles, Cult of Android, Jan 19, 2014.
"Of course, the idea of making enterprise-grade software easier to use is a commendable one in the world of Web CMS. That said, I’ve never seen a successful CMS project where either IT or Marketing/Business were left out of the decision making process."
- Irina Guseva, Selecting a cloud CMS without your IT department - is that OK?, Real Story Group, December 18, 2018.
"Working for a large company no longer means job security, it just means you work for a large company."
Jacob Morgan, Chess Media Group, "Why Big Company Doesn't Mean Job Security", Forbes, November 14, 2013.
"There's no right way to do it, but there are wrong ways, trust me, I know, I've done them all. Doing it wrong can harm people and it can really hurt the community. What you all have built together is remarkable and it's worth considering how you extend it further and find ways to continue to collaborate, both as Drupal, and maybe even more importantly as a broader PHP community."
- Amy Stephen, Molajo Developer and Consultant, Comment to "Backdrop: Forking Drupal" by Laura Scott, Pingv.com, September 11, 2013
What I want from tech vendors: "I need them to listen, learn and be honest and realistic about their capabilities. Many technology vendors are still more interested in selling than in listening to what our real challenges are."
- Steve Mills, CIO, Rackspace, "CIO Profiles: Steve Mills Of Rackspace", InformationWeek, March 13, 2013